2023 Honda Pilot
Rugged, All-New Honda Pilot Arrives as the Ultimate Family SUV; Pilot TrailSport is the Most Off-Road Capable Honda SUV Ever
Released by Honda Canada November 7, 2022
- 4th-generation Pilot is the largest, most rugged and powerful Honda SUV ever
- All-new tough and adventure-ready styling complements Pilot's off-road capabilities and sporty on-road dynamics
- Pilot TrailSport: standard all-terrain tires, steel skid plates, higher ground clearance, off-road tuned suspension and more
- New modern, upscale cabin with sophisticated materials and premium touches
- Pilot is "king of the carpool lane" with flexible seating and more spacious second and third rows
The largest and most powerful SUV in Honda history, the all-new 2023 Honda Pilot is the ultimate family SUV with rugged new styling, more passenger and cargo space, and a top-of-class combination of off-road capability and sporty on-road dynamics.
The new Pilot TrailSport is the most off-road capable Honda SUV ever, engineered to get weekend adventurers even further off the beaten path with special off-road features including a raised off-road tuned suspension, all-terrain tires, steel skid plates and expanded all-wheel drive system capabilities. This fourth-generation Pilot goes on sale this winter in five trim levels: Sport, EX-L, TrailSport, Touring and a Canadian-exclusive Black Edition.
"The Honda Pilot has been popular with Canadian families for decades, and this all-new Pilot and Pilot TrailSport have been further refined offering more space and comfort while substantially increasing their toughness and off-road capabilities," says Steve Hui, Assistant Vice President Honda Canada. "The new Pilot can comfortably take your entire family and their gear on any road trip, whether it's to the city or on a rugged weekend adventure."
Pilot now belongs on the trail with all-new rugged styling that complements its trail-ready capability. The tough and aspirational design features a large upright grille and a powerful stance accentuated by flared fenders, wider tracks and larger tires. Under its new longer hood is Honda's most powerful V6 ever, an all-new dual overhead cam (DOHC) 3.5-litre engine producing 285 horsepower.
Inside, Pilot's all-new interior makes it the new flexible king of the carpool lane with unmatched comfort, versatile seating with an available removable 2nd row seat that can be conveniently stowed under the rear cargo floor. Complementing the interior flexibility is the most passenger and cargo space in Pilot history, including a more comfortable third row. Pilot also boasts best-in-class overall passenger space and top-of-class cargo volume behind the third-row seats. The new modern interior is also more comfortable with new front Body Stabilizing Seats that reduce fatigue on long drives. Sophisticated materials, premium touches and must-have tech features create the most upscale Pilot ever.
Standard top-of-class safety features include a new and improved suite of Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technologies, a next-generation front passenger airbag, improved front side airbags and new driver and front-passenger knee airbags.
New Pilot Features:
- Rugged exterior design
- All-new 3.5-litre DOHC V6 engine is more powerful
- New second-generation i-VTM4™ torque-vectoring all-wheel drive system improves off-road capability
- More modern and comfortable interior
- Class-leading overall passenger space
- First-in-class multi-function removable second-row middle seat provides three discrete seating options (Touring, Black Edition)
- Increased cargo volume
- Standard digital instrumentation
- 10.2-inch digital instrument display (Touring, Black Edition)
- 9-inch HD touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ compatibility (EX-L, TrailSport, Touring, Black Edition)
- Standard 7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ compatibility (Sport)
- New Sport, Tow, and Trail driving modes of 7 available modes
- Standard Honda Sensing® system with new wide-view camera and radar
- Standard Hill Descent Control
- Next-gen front passenger airbag designed to reduce potential for traumatic brain and neck injuries
- Standard driver and front-passenger knee airbags
- Trail torque logic optimizes off-road performance of i-VTM4 torque vectoring all-wheel drive system (TrailSport)
New Tough-Looking Exterior
The all-new 4th-generation Pilot further advances the new rugged design direction of Honda light trucks with a tough new look and powerful stance. Complementing its off-road capabilities, Pilot's all-new styling is tough, aspirational and adventure-ready with a large, upright grille, a strong horizontal beltline and aggressively flared fenders. Pulled back A-pillars and long hood create a longer dash-to-axle ratio for a sportier profile.
A strong horizontal beltline highlights its increased overall length (+86mm longer), while a longer wheelbase and wider tracks give it a stronger, more aggressive presence. A sleek roof spoiler and new LED taillights make the 4th-generation Pilot instantly recognizable from the rear.
The Sport trim features gloss black trim and grille bar, a chrome exhaust garnish, standard black roof rails, front fog lights and Shark Grey 7-spoke 20-inch wheels. EX-L adds flash with chrome trim and grille bar and machined 5-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels.
Pilot Touring features an even more upscale design with premium exterior finishes, including a gloss black grille mesh and B-pillar, dual chrome exhaust garnishes and distinct 7-spoke 20-inch alloy wheels with a machined-finish
Pilot Black Edition adds gloss black trim and grille bar, 20-inch 7-spoke gloss black wheels, gloss black mirror caps, gloss black door garnish, gloss black rear bumper garnish, and Black Edition badging.
The Pilot will be available with a new HPD Package for those looking to take Pilot's rugged new styling even further. Created in collaboration with Honda Performance Development (HPD), it includes 20" matte black alloy HPD wheels, fender flares, side skid plate, HPD decals and HPD badging.
Questions about the 2023 Honda Pilot?
Talk to our Sales Team: 1-800-565-4955